Saturday, January 24, 2009

Comfort: Chocolate, Not Diamonds

So they say that diamonds are a girl's best friend, but we know better right? Tonight's dessert: the last brownie in the pan, with some Breyer's chocolate ice cream, and dark chocolate mint topping.

I was first thinking I would take a picture of a stack of the quilts that my mom has made for me (there are four when you include my daughter's), but then I realized that I really didn't want to pull the one on my bed off of it. So I turned this way instead.

A couple of notes: (1) My camera is a Canon PowerShot SD850 IS Digital Elph. It's not fancy. It's a pocket sized digital camera, so I don't have any fun features really. It's enough for scrapbooking and blogging, though. (2) I realize the lighting is terrible. (3) I was in a hurry, so I didn't iron the napkin. Next time I will.

CC

8 comments:

Melinda said...

What I wouldn't give to be in your shoes right now! I am envying your dessert!

I actually really like this. I love the angle, how you didn't center on the dessert, and I like the partially wrinkled/folded napkin. I love the colors and definately the subject. Great job!

Katy said...

Why does it seem like the last brownie in the pan is always the BEST one!!?? Looks soo good! The picture is not only yummy looking, but very pretty!

Kritta22 said...

Yum!! Can you ship that this way??

I love that you added color. I always forget that!

Charlotte said...

Something quick that works for me (sometimes) in a shot like this is if I get way high up, then zoom way in... you get the same picture but the flash doesn't glare so much.

I love the colors and the composition. Great job.

princess jen said...

I love the composition of this photo. And the red really sets everything off.

AprilF said...

I really like the composition/angle you took this! Very nice. I think the dessert may have had more pop as the subject without the red. Red has such a commanding presence in photos- which is why I tell anyone I'm taking pictures of not to wear red. Good job!

Rachel Holloway said...

THIS LOOKS DELICIOUS! You have my vote for a comfort food for sure!

Mindy said...

Great, now I MUST have chocolate! ;)