Thursday, August 27, 2009

Less: Camera-less

Obviously I'm not 100% camera-less, because how would I have taken this photo otherwise? However, my good camera is broken. It's a Canon Powershot, and I got a "Lens error. Restart camera" message. My lens is permanently extended. I've done a little research and found that this is -- unfortunately -- common and unfixable. So I'm back to using a not-super-great camera, because I can't afford to buy a new one right now. Here's how not-super-great my substitute camera is: you can buy it brand new on Amazon fo $79. Yeah. :(

CC

7 comments:

Melinda said...

Poor you!

Nice shot, though. I like how your flash reflection is in the curve of the camera cord.

Rachel H. said...

OH DANG IT! I was soooo hoping you would get a new camera!

But way to step in and do this challenge regardless! IMPRESSIVE!

Janelle said...

Rachel,

We've got a plan to save up for a new camera, which we hope to be able to buy early next year. We just can't afford one right now.

{Alynn} said...

Three cheers for the $79 camera and your willingness to use it! I'm sure you'll still get some great shots -- Like this one!!! Nice set up and lighting!

Charlotte said...

That same thing happened to my old Canon Powershot. Bummer. Thanks for playing along in the challenge anyway!

Valerie Harris said...

I love how the camera is off center, it makes it really interesting!

Crys Kaestner said...

Sad day. :( If Fred wasn't so attached to his powershot I'd send it too you.