Saturday, May 9, 2009

Winds of Change

f2.5, 1/800, iso200


We've had a lot of change happen in our lives, and are looking at the possibility of more big changes in the near future, so I thought a lot about how change makes me FEEL.

I am like the dandelion... I feel like I've grown, and changed a lot in my life. I'm not the young, naive yellow flower anymore... I think I have things pretty much figured out.

Then, the winds of change will blow, and I feel like I am scattered, and sometimes lost, and it's often scary. BUT if it weren't for the winds of change, I would never have a chance at new growth. I'd never have flown in the wind to so many different places, and met so many wonderful people, and grown into who I am today.

So... here's to change! Let the wind blow me wherever it will! :)

17 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

DANG IT MINDY! We seriously think so much the same! I am off to think of another idea...while you sport your gorgeous prize-winning one. :) It truly is beautiful! I love everything about it.

Mindy said...

Seriously, Rachel?? I really think we must share a brain! I'm fine if you do the same thing! ;)

George and Teri said...

Wow....I love this picture..just beautiful. You always do such a good job Mindy.

Janelle said...

And she does it again! Amazing photograph. I love the detail in the flower puffs that are falling.

Lindy Lue said...

i love it, really. you are a sharp shot with the camera!

Candace said...

This is INCREDIBLE, Mindy. No one can top this, way may as well go ahead and declare you the winner! :) Love everything about it!

Brittney said...

Beautiful take on the challenge and beautiful picture. I'm in awe. Absolute awe.

{Alynn} said...

I love the colors in this shot, and your description of life is just how I've been feeling lately! Beautiful!

hotmama03 said...

This is so perfect, holy cow all i can is AMAZING.
I am jealous, teach me-teach me :)

Katy said...

there are just no words (scary, for me, I know!) but seriously, this is the most stunning picture in the entire world... it's perfect, absolute perfection. i can't take my eyes off it... even as i type, i'm staring at it. I LOVE IT! Mindy, you're Mecca of my photography world.

Melanie said...

Simply. Perfect.
Love everything about this shot.
Definatly a winner, in my opinion!

AprilF said...

Stunning. I'm once again bowing down to your awesome photo!!

Jackie said...

Im blown away yet again! Great shot Mindy

Teryn said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I think it might just be my favorite. The bokeh is fantastic. The detail is perfect. Lighting- how do you do it!!!! Can I just follow you around for a week? You amaze me.

Jen said...

Your photos are consistently awe-inspiring. I LOVE this shot. Now if I could only re-create it!

B-Blogit said...

Amazing! Love the close up on the dandylion like that and that you can see the little seeds blowing away even.

You can even see some detail on the face! This is just utterly fantastic!

Shelby said...

The simplicity is perfectly beautiful, as those before me have said. Love it!