Sunday, May 3, 2009

One of Utah's KEY Treasures

Olympus Stylus 1050 SW (my bomb-proof point and shoot)

The fam. and I have been off camping in Southern Utah this weekend. While hiking up to Delicate Arch a fierce thunderstorm moved in and took us by surprise. It was pure craziness. We found a nice little "cave" to hole up in for a bit, glad we did as it started to hail. Finally, we ventured out and continued on up to the Arch. I hiked around quite a bit to get the angle I wanted. FYI this is the arch featured on Utah's license plate.

Crap, I just realized I am posting this under Britt's name, I'm much too tired to start over though. Sorry-just realize it's Dave.

4 comments:

Katy said...

OOOOOOOOOhhhhhhh

I LOVE this!!!! What an awesome angle too... not the typical straight on shot! I love it! and the white sky looks great against the red rock... great job!

Jackie said...

Very cool...what a find. The color pops..great job

Rachel Holloway said...

This is so cool. How fun you guys got to go down and do such a grand weekend! I always wished I could get pictures of these rocks...sigh...

B-Blogit said...

I thought the arch fell down. IT is a nice angle and the background soft like that makes the rock stand out.