Sunday, May 3, 2009

The KEY to not crashing...



As Dave mentioned we spent the last few days playin' in Moab/Southern Utah. We hit the slickrock bike trail one morning and I snapped this picture of one of our friends with Dave's rockin' point and shoot. If you know much about mountain biking you know that the key to not endo-ing (going over your handlebars) on steep downhill is to literally, sit on your back tire. As you can see, Nick isn't quite back far enough. Here's an "after" picture just for fun.

Good thing we were in company with four EMTs :)


Honestly, I was missing my SLR a bit but didn't exactly want to subject it to the sand, rain and bumps. So, this probably isn't my best picture ever, but, I HAD to submit something ;). Now, I'm off to shower, it's been a few days...ewww.

Oh, and I promise its only 11:20 here

6 comments:

Jackie said...

lol, glad you made it in time, and Great pictures..!!! Very good job

Rachel Holloway said...

How fun! Glad you guys got to go and have a blast together. And you did an awesome job with the point and shoot!!! WOW!

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

That is so awesome! There is no way that I could have the guts to do that!

I love the colors in your photo. The sky is amazing.

Great job!

Katy said...

You are sooo lucky, I LOVE Moab... LOVE it (i've never been biking though, just bouldering and hiking around- you're way hard-core!!)

These pictures are sweetness! I love that you got him at such a steep angle, awesome! and the after shot is pretty cute!! He looks so small underneath that long ol' bike!!!

Glad you made it back safely, thanks for posting!!!! Great job!!!

B-Blogit said...

I like the color of the sand and the color of clothes on the biker contrast.

Alan J said...

I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to go to Moab without me - what's the deal?! Coming off a steep angle into sand is never fun either. Great pics though!