Sunday, April 26, 2009

Wisdom is learned...

Nikon D80, F 5.6m, 135mm, ISO 250, no flash

SOOC

What a tough mission this was for me!

This is really not what I set out to post as my "wisdom" post, but I wasn't able to find an elderly person who fit my "mental" picture of my ideal model for WISDOM. C'est la vie.

Instead, (in my attempt to find this said person) we went to feed the ducks at a nearby pond and to my surprise, there were some rather large geese making a visit. They were unlike the ducks, in that they were VERY eager to approach us, as they knew we were packing some yummy treats.

So, I thought, "Wow, these are very wise geese! They know exactly how to approach us and not to bite the hand that feeds them." It was a new experience for my kids (and me) to hand feed WILD geese.

8 comments:

zealygirl said...

I'm not sure I want my hands that close!

Mindy said...

Nice job! Were you that close, or did you crop? Those geese are definitely trusting!!

Brittney said...

That's crazy! Makes for a cool picture though! I like how the bread joins the goose and the hand, its like a chain going across the picture.

Corynn said...

Wow. That is close! I like where this challenge took you!

Katy said...

WOWEEE!! That's CLOSE and it looks great for not even being edited at all.. really good job! And way to go whoever was feeding this little guy (i'm the person who gets nervous and ends up chucking the bread across the lawn and running away. really humiliating)

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

That is awesome!!!! I love how close up the goose got! AMAZING.

Great job :)

Melanie said...

My 9 yr old daughter is feeding the goose, after I had been feeding him and testing out his...er um...friendliness. He seemed to be used to hand feeding, though we have never seen them (theses geese) at that pond before. There was no cropping! We were that close...whether we wanted to be or not! This guy was very people friendly! Thanks!

B-Blogit said...

Also one of my favorites. This photo was quite nice! The light is good and the angle is nice. It was a good take too.

I dont know if you know but it is actually not good to feed the birds for various reasons.