Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Hero


I almost didn't do this post. It just wasn't working for me, and it's a sensitive subject. This is my dad. He's my hero. He died while on a Mission to Peru at the age of 67. He loved music (I had to use m y guitar that he borrowed from me, though, he was a violin player...but I don't have a violin...so the guitar will have to do) and he loved walking sticks. This is his special walking stick. And this is a painting of him. He was the best example of being a hero I have ever known. He welcomed anyone into our home, and they'd leave with arms full of any food we had. He was a perfect example of what a Hero should be.
Abt the pic:
Taken with Canon XTI Rebel
Iso 100
4" at F5.6
Lamp Light
"Aged effect" to make it feel more timeless
I think it feels a little "Flat" but not sure how to fix that. Any suggestions welcome.
CC always welcome

4 comments:

AprilF said...

I like that you included all these elements that remind you of your dad. If you'd moved your light to more angled you'd have more depth in your lighting.

Mindy said...

Oh, Shanda, I loved your dad! He was an amazing person, and I'll always have wonderful memories of him! I love your picture... the only thing I can think of to show more depth is to angle the guitar differently so it doesn't show just the flat part of it, and also try different lighting. You know more about that than I do, though... :)

Erin Wageman said...

hey lady! your dad was so great!! I like the picture the way it is! I think you really hit the timeless effect! Love ya!

Rachel Holloway said...

I obviously didn't know your dad, but this is such a great tribute to him.