Thursday, November 5, 2009

Autumn: Wind and leaves

I liked a lot of the photos I took for this challenge, and had a hard time choosing just one. My kind and loving husband didn't like any of them. He actually said this was his least favorite, but it was my most favorite. I was sitting on the couch inside my warm house, watching the wind blow the leaves outside. I grabbed a sweater, some shoes, and my camera, and ventured outside. I took some pictures, but the wind had died down. It was blowing the leaves around, but only close to the ground, which was not obvious enough for a photo. So I scooped some up, threw them into the air above me, and took this picture. I like it because it shows the colors of Autumn, but it also demonstrates wind (even if I faked it). My husband's comment was just that the leaves looked like they were falling vertically, not blowing aimlessly.

You can see the rest of my photos here, though my husband said "they're not [my] best crop of photos." (Wow, he's getting kind-of a bad rap here, huh? I'm just making fun of him.)

CC

2 comments:

B-Blogit said...

I like how you caught the wind taking the leaves like that. Makes a picture of the leaves much more interesting so nice capture!!

Melinda said...

I wanted to do something like that, but we'd already raked and my dh would have croaked! I like the falling leaves, and I think it would have been fun to try to track a leaf down, focusing on one leaf and giving the panning effect to the ground and background. Just an idea.