Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Caution...

...to those who do not believe that beauty is fleeting...

090813_01_framed
(Nikon D70, 50mm, f22, 1/80 sec, ISO 800)

I saw this abandoned Sunflower along side the road today, on my way to my final day of EMD (Emergency Medical Dispatch) training. It looked beautiful this morning, like it had just been picked. Not having enough time to stop right then, I prayed that it would still be there on my return journey and sure enough, nine hours later, there it was. When I got close to it, however, I could see the day's wear and tear on it. Beauty is fleeting...enjoy it while it lasts.

7 comments:

Katy said...

oh Lindy, this picture is beautiful... it's even got a sad feel to it... i love it! with the border too- it could totally pass off for a poster. very well done and i love your take on the challenge.

Ashton and Shanda Call Family said...

Love that! This is beautifully done, love the composition of it

hotmama03 said...

what a great job, love the framing. its perfect, love the color-WAY TO GO!!

Lindy Lue said...

i really like it... question. did you tripod it? because 1/80th gets pretty shaky...

also ~ you should try shooting it at a lower iso! because your so up close and personal you dont need such a deep f stop, you could do it at half even and then it would allow a lower iso and your color would be like a comic book.

i truly love this shot! its macro is great, i am baffled at the focus at such a slow speed. good work

Lindy said...

Lindy Lue...Nope, no tripod. I was kneeling in such a way that I had my elbows on one of my knees. I've worked hard at steadying myself at low shutter speeds by letting out a long breath and then pressing the shutter button at the bottom of the breath. It makes for a lot of dizziness, ha ha ha, but it works.

As for the ISO, I agree with you! The last time I shot with that camera, it was in much lower light so I upped my ISO and then forgot to re-adjust. Bums me out, but that's kind of the beauty of photography...you can never get the moment back. Also, no macro, just a rockin' 50mm. A macro lens is on my birthday wish list. ;)

Lindy Lue said...

love it! i am going to try it! thanks for the tips! i LOOOOVE learning! great shot really!

Lindy Lue said...

i caved! bought the 50 prime yesterday! heavenly!