Sunday, July 12, 2009

Horizon Line


I knew exactly what I wanted for this challenge since I've been reading Kelby's Digital Photography book and was just going over the section on panaramas. I decided a panaroma would be the perfect way to portray a LINE. It ended up being tougher than anticipated simply due to the weather conditions. We headed to the beach yesterday but ended up with Blah pictures so today we made another trip later in the day (better light) and got the special treat of some beautiful cloud cover. I loved the way it turned out. I did have to shrink it down for the blog, it ended up being about 150 megapixels with 27 pictures total. The tiny size it shows up here really doesn't do it justice. Make sure you click to blow it up.
f/6.3
1/640 sec
Manual focus
CC PLEASE! (more to be posted here)

6 comments:

B-Blogit said...

that is a good pamo of the city and it looks great blown up too!

Candace said...

Very cool! And I love Kelby's books, he's awesome! :)

Sylvia said...

Very nice pano, and the cloud formation really complement the view.
If I may ask, what is: Kelby's books? Is it about photo, I certainly could use a good tutorial.

Mindy said...

Sylvia... Scott Kelby writes great easy-to-understand photography and photoshop books. You should definitely look for them.

Teryn, I haven't ever attempted a panorama yet, although I've thought of it. Yours is awesome... maybe someday I'll get to it! :)

Rachel Holloway said...

THIS IS FABULOUS! I have yet to attempt a panorama too--but you made me want to give it a shot!

Shelby said...

Very scenic line