Sunday, June 21, 2009

Natural or Not?


OH yeah. I went there. I opened up THAT can of worms.

Right now in our country there is a huge debate on whether or not being Gay is natural. If it is instilled with you since birth or if it is a choice that you made.

As a member of the LDS church, I feel that it is definitely a choice that you make.

My Mom's brother is gay. I remember when I was 5 years old my parents sitting me and my brother down and telling us that he had/has AIDS. We've been really lucky that though some break through medical treatments and superb doctors he's still with us today, doing fine, feeling good. He's had full blown AIDS for 22 years now. We were always told to love the sinner, not the sin. I have been extremely blessed that we are such an open and loving family. There is no judging. We just love.

Anyways... Yesterday I came across a Gay Pride parade on my way to a quilt show. Interesting.

So there you have it... my thought provoking Natural or Not picture of Gay Pride.

8 comments:

Erin Wageman said...

Wow! Great shot, and wonderful message! Thankyou!

B-Blogit said...

Nice shot and interesting topic too. Brave to say I think. I thought about putting something about this before but I tend to get too political.

Studies done with rats and copulatory behavior so that there was no gay or straight. It all depended on the position they took and it didnt matter male or female they all took different positions. Which suggests its a behavior in position selection not a gene thing.

Katy said...

what a great shot, I love all the COLOR and LIFE in this photo. And the idea is very thought provoking.

I agree with you... may not have to agree with decisions that our loved ones make, but they are STILL and ALWAYS our LOVED ONES. I hope your brother lives a long and happy life! thank you for sharing

Candace said...

Breezi, I love this shot!! I love how you mostly got the flags in the shot and just the top parts of the bodies. YOu did a really great job!

Jen said...

Though I disagree with your position that homosexuality is a choice, I completely agree that you should judge not.

Very colorful photo. The buildings and the light poles are a little distracting. I wonder if you can blur them out in photoshop.

AprilF said...

Very nice job Breezi! I love how thought provoking it is! Great out of the box thinking!

Shelby said...

Cool that you stopped to capture the moment, it is a very colorful and energized pic.

Jackie said...

good lawd you did a great job....love love it