Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Heat hath no Limit


Today we reached the hottest temperature so far this summer. I couldn't think of anything for this spontaneous challenge until we went outside to hop in our pool to cool off. Imagine my surprise when the pool water was like bathwater (95 according to the thermometer) and therefore offered no refuge from the sun! I glanced up at our thermometer on the side of the house and gasped when I noticed that it was past the normal 110 - 115 reading. Yes folks, that says 126 degrees, blatant proof to me once again that desert HEAT hath no limit.


I used the "sunset" effect on the thermometer in PS to give it a "firey" look.


CC please!!

8 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

SUPER COOL! I love the effect.

BUT DANG IT ALL! That is WAY too hot!

B-Blogit said...

yes great effect it actually looks about that hot too! Sure hope that you can cool down soon!

{Alynn} said...

This picture just screams HOT, HOT, HOT from the colors to the number!

AprilF said...

It's posts like this that make me glad I don't live in AZ anymore! I really like your processing on this- very fun!

George and Teri said...

Love the effects you added to the thermostat. Very creative. I grew up in the desert, I know how HOT it gets! Can't go outside unless you have a pool or it's 10:00 at night! :)

Jenny and Travis said...

Great colors and great idea! I feel for ya--that's HOT!

Mindy said...

The colors are perfect for hot... and am I ever glad I don't live there today!!

Janelle said...

I love the color effect that you used. Dang, that's hot! Way too hot! I like the angle you got, where you can see the shadow of the hand, instead of getting it straight on.