Sunday, April 19, 2009

Vintage Ring

My 5Th Great-Grandfather bought this ring for his daughter. It has been passed down the generations to me. It may seem like not too big of a deal, but to me it is.
My 5Th Great-Grandfather was the Prophet Lorenzo Snow. I come from his 3rd wife Sarah Ann Prichard. (It has been said that Sarah was his favorite wife.) I have been so blessed to not only have this ring, but I also have a china set (only missing a few pieces) that he bought his wife while in England in 1851. My mom currently is holding the china hostage until I have a place to safely put it. I don't blame her. :)

I've never been able to wear this ring, as it is so small that it won't even fit past the first knuckle of my pinkie finger. To be honest, I think I'd be to afraid to loose one of the delicate stones if I did wear it out of the house.

I can't wait to pass this ring on to my daughter.
I love having such wonderful ancestors; and a rich family history.

8 comments:

Janelle said...

What a beautiful ring with a beautiful history! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. It's almost like we each (the LDS anyway) maybe feel like they share a bit of its history with you. I'm amazed that such a tiny memento has survived so many generations.

Candace said...

Wow, Breezi, that's pretty amazing! I know it has to mean so much to you, it would me as well.

I like how you photographed it. I like how the main focus is on the center stone, but you can still see the beauty of the others as well.

Great job!

Katy said...

Amazing history and legacy... how wonderful that you're a part of that. The ring is beautiful, and the photo really captures it's unique beauty! thank you so much for sharing with us!

Rachel Holloway said...

That is a really fabulous shot! Jewelry shots are tough--but you really did a great job!

Jackie said...

Are you crazzy.....Of Course It is a Big deal! So pretty. Great take!

B-Blogit said...

that is a treasure! It is a unique ring to. Nice shot to capture it!

Mindy said...

What an amazing treasure!!! It's beautiful, and has a wonderful history. Great job with the shot! You captured the detail so well.

Melanie said...

Wow! What an awesome heirloom! I never knew that your GGGGG Grandfather :) was a prophet! How cool.

What a beautiful and treasured ring.