Thursday, April 23, 2009

One Day's Work

Oh what a challenge. Someday I'm going to think up a really hard challenge just for Janelle. Anyway, here is my picture.


Taken at twilight of my wonderful husband sporting his brand new vest. We are going out to a masque ball tomorrow and I made him this fancy new vest today. It's made out of the same material as my dress, so we will match :) As for the picture I was in standard portrait mode. I attached my large flash to give me the extra light. In PS I cropped it down to show off my subject better. I personally wish there was a little more light in the background at the bottom of the picture but at 8:30 at night there is only so much you can do.

7 comments:

Mindy said...

I couldn't sew a vest like that! You are one talented girl. This is a nice portrait of your husband... you should both be pleased! :)

Corynn said...

A ball sounds like fun!

Katy said...

photography AND sewing... girl you're too GOOD! I love that color of vest... really pretty! and your Hubs is doing a great modeling job

have a wonderful time at the ball tomorrow (aw, i LOVE occasions to dress up) i bet you'll look fantastic too!

Janelle said...

Crys, this was a really hard challenge for me, even though it was my own. I wanted to take a picture of my husband (the "one"), but you know how he is with posing. At least yours humors you. :)

B-Blogit said...

nice portrait! great job on the vest.

ZealyGirlie said...

How is the vest fastened? It looks pretty intricate!

Crys Kaestner said...

I used Hooks and eyes for the fastener. I made it too small to lap over for buttons. So this was the only way to get it to fit. The pattern is at www.burdastyle.com you can print the pattern tape it together and cut it out. There are several free patterns.