Thursday, April 16, 2009

My World

I am an insane optimist. Insane? You may ask, well I can be so optimistic it drive people around me nuts. Although it's more about being naive (which I'm not) while reading today's challenge and I thought of "Seeing The World Through Rose Colored Glasses." So here is my world.


All I did was take a red transparent DVD case and placed right in front of the lens. Using it as a filter and took a shot of our backyard. Which is my world, we are working really hard to make a pretty back yard and it's coming right along.
CC

12 comments:

Mindy said...

Interesting idea... way to think outside the box!

Jackie said...

It pays to be an optimist.....good job!

Katy said...

whoa, at first i totally thought this was a new PS trick that i didn't know about... how cool that you used your resources to do this!! What would have been AWESOME is if you did this same idea, but shot something really DARK, like the Black lines of a fence or building, that way, the red would contrast with the DARK red... maybe?

the trees look awesome in this shot!!!

Lindy Lue said...

thats fun! hey ~ go rent the DVD Poppy... it will remind you of you ! (by the sound of it!)

Brittney said...

LOVE that you didn't use photoshop (or any post-editing) for the effect! Way to think outside the box!

Janelle said...

Interesting way to shoot the photo...edit it before you take it. Sort-of. I agree with Katy, though: it could use a little more contrast.

{Alynn} said...

What a creative idea, and great way to use red!

Rachel Holloway said...

I hoped someone would do an entire picture in red!! Just so I could see what it would be like. Very neat effect--and way to be resourceful!! Who would have thought a red case could do such a cool thing?

Candace said...

I agree with everyone else! Great way to be creative and think outside the box! Also, it's great to be an optimist. I definitely struggle with that one myself...

Julie N. said...

I love it! Way to be creative!

B-Blogit said...

clever idea!

Charles & Amanda said...

What an interesting idea...way to think out side the box.