Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Family


As many others, I firmly believe in the power of the resurrection of Christ and also that the blessing of resurrection will be ours, as well. Contemplating this, there are no other people I want to spend eternity with than my family. This year I decided to take our own family Easter pictures. A challenge, for me. This was just cropped, but I was so disappointed at how hard it was to get two girls to be still, look at the camera, smile, AND have me get there in time for the 10 sec countdown. Here's to more tries and better results! Oh...Easter also means new clothes!


CC

8 comments:

Mindy said...

Family pictures with a timer are VERY hard... I feel your pain! ;) You did a good job, though, and your family is so adorable! I might have tried to move away from the background just a bit, so that it would blur and be less distracting.

George and Teri said...

Very Cute Family Picture, I am a huge believer in Family Pictures and this one turned out very well. Good job with the timer, that is difficult to do but everyone looks great.

Katy said...

what a beautiful family you have (adorable daughters!) i was just saying today to Husband that we need to be better at family pictures... Easter seems like a perfect time for this! VERY CUTE!! happy easter!

B-Blogit said...

Great picture of the fam!

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

Great family picture. Don't you love sweet little girls who don't smile when you want/need them to for a 'great' photo? My girls are the same. They smile AFTER the flash goes off. Stinkers.

Cute little Easter dresses.

Brittney said...

I'm impressed you got everyone looking at the camera! Not sure what kind of Camera you use but I use a remote for my Nikon that is a lifesaver. You could always look into something like that so you don't have to mess with the timer.

Beautiful family!

Rachel Holloway said...

good work! Impressive, really. Family self-portraits are tough stuff!

I would agree with Mindy--moving away from the background a little if you could...but really great job!

Teryn said...

This is actually VERY impressive. You got BOTH girls AND your hubby to look at the camera. That's pretty tough! See if you can find a remote- they are usually pretty cheap online. The girls look so cute! I love easter dresses! (And baby pigtails!!!!!)

I need a girl.