Monday, March 23, 2009

Feature

Hey guys, I know I'm late on this one, I'm SOOOOO sorry. I been working 12 hour graveyard shifts all weekend, and this morning was literally the first time I've had an opportunity to even touch a camera all weekend. So here it is.

(D70, 38mm, ISO 1250, 1/1600, f14)

I got off work this morning at 7 am and walked outside to see a b-e-a-u-tiful day, complete with clear blue skies. I couldn't resist. I sped home, grabbed my camera and my dog, and drove up to our Oregon Trail Interpretive Center, which is definitely a huge "feature" of our town. The Oregon Trail runs right through our valley, and the interpretive center sits up on a hill and has trails down to the wagon ruts. I admit, I've been to the center at least 20 times in my life but have never walked to the ruts. There's also a "wagon circle" sitting on the top of the hill. One of them was painted these great colors, and I couldn't resist laying down on the ground to play with all kinds of angles. With this one, I used PW's "Fresh & Colorful" and "Boost".

7 comments:

Janelle said...

I love the colors and composition of this photo. I went to high school in Oregon City! I lived there for seven years, so this brings back memories for me.

Mindy said...

Ah, I love P-dub! ;) Great picture! I love the colors and the angle. Nice!

Lindy said...

Janelle, this actually isn't in Oregon City, we live in Eastern Oregon. But ironically, we're thinking of moving to the Oregon City area!

Janelle said...

Whoops, in OC we had the "End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center", which I assumed (by your photo) had been repainted.

AprilF said...

Great idea for feature! I love all of the colors on this.

Shanda Call said...

This is beautful!

Jackie said...

I love the angle of this [pic!!