Sunday, February 1, 2009

Shanda's Dream


Ok, so I have been sick and haven't had time to get out and take a picture, so I will have to do with one I took last week for my photo class. It's a night shot done with a Nikon N64 film camera (Hence the bad copy here...had to scan it into my computer, then add my signature) I took it at 10 at night, exposed it for 15 minutes, at F8 with a cable release.


I like how it turned out. I LOVE trains, because to me they signify GOING somewhere, and my dream is to someday travel the world. I love to travel. But I really want to go to Europe and take the train around from place to place...visit Ireland, Scotland, France, everywhere in Europe.


I am ALWAYS open to constructive criticism. The good and the bad. Always helps me be better.

7 comments:

Katy said...

I'm SO impressed with the work you did on taking this photo... it's beautiful (can't believe it's a scan too... incredible!) Great job! And riding a train to different countries in Europe is Totally a dream of mine too-- so romantic sounding!

Mindy said...

I love trains too! Film scares me, because I wouldn't know if I made a mistake until I'd wasted money to process it. I think you did a great job!

p.s. I loved your dad, too! To this day he is one of my favorite violin students ever! He is an inspiration to me.

{Alynn} said...

This is amazing... I had no idea you could do that! I'm learning cool stuff already!

...and "AMEN!" to Europe. Hey Rachel, you wanna sponser a feild trip?!?

Malissa said...

I can't believe this is film. It looks really good. I want to be good someday. You are really talented also! Can't wait to see more!

The Moss Family said...

I really like this photo! So cool htat you took it with film.

princess jen said...

I'm completely loving this photo! I love the angle it's shot from and I love the lack of color. I have to say, in terms of your European exursion, their trains are MUCH faster and nicer than our trains (I took Amtrak this summer and it was fairly miserable!). Good luck!

Erin Wageman said...

Hey I love this picture!!! The lighting in it is briliant! You didn't label it though! It took me awhile to find some of your work! I like your dream! We rode a train from Saratoga to New York City! It is an awesome way to travel!