Sunday, February 22, 2009

Perspective



I took my kids to the Draper temple open house on Friday night. What a gorgeous temple! I was overwhelmed by how beautiful everything was. The ordinance rooms have murals on the walls--one is a mountain scene and the other is a forest of aspens. The chandeliers are incredible and... and... well, if you have the opportunity to visit, I would highly recommend taking the time. I know there are still reservations available before it is dedicated.

Anyway... the sealing room is the last room on the tour. I told Anya about what happens there and she had the opportunity to look in the mirrors and "see eternity." I tried to emulate this as best I could with my bathroom mirrors. My towel hanger is a bit distracting and I tried to clean out the cabinets so that wouldn't distract either. Overall, I am happy with the way this turned out. It's a bit dark, I know, but I turned off the other light because the reflection in the mirror was overwhelming. CC.

3 comments:

Alan J said...

That's really original, good job! I couldn't tell what it was at first, i actually thought it was in the temple or something. But i like how you chose not to use flash and thus get an annoying flash reflection in the mirror. And considering that you probably didn't use a tripod again, way to keep the camera steady for a nice sharp and clear photo!

Felicia H. said...

What an amazing picture, I love the temple.

Jenny and Travis said...

Great job re-creating the effect of the temple mirrors! I just love that symbolism in the temple, and like to take every sealing opportunity I get to look in those mirrors to "eternity" once again. Great picture! Well done! --Jenny