Friday, January 16, 2009

Resolution: Organization

Hey everyone! My name is Janelle. I'm excited to be participating in this. I think it will be fun.

This is my living room at the moment. Yes that a Christmas tree. Still. (Don't worry, it's fake...not too bad of a fire hazard). Yes, that's a television under the card table. It's broken, but it's too big to fit in my car to haul away, and my town doesn't allow the leave-it-on-the-curb thing.

Anyway, to my point. My first child was born this year, so I'm still a relatively new stay-at-home-mom. I've never been a neat freak. This is a new low, however. It looks like Christmas and vacation threw up all over my living room. I don't really "do" resolutions, but it is definitely a goal of mine to become a better homemaker this year.

6 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

HAHAHA!!! That's a GREAT one!!! I can't believe you still have your tree up. Totally impressive!! I hope you will post pictures of your progress through the year. I am excited to see!

Stephanie said...

I think it's great that you've decided to work on this after your first child. I've got two and am only finally starting to realize that I need to change my housekeeping style - it usually looks much like yours except more toys strewn around...

Katy said...

Hahah! You made me laugh with your commentary on the living room! I can totally relate- seems like things just pile up after you have your first baby!

Mindy said...

I'm one of those people who crave organization, but I can't keep my house the way I need it to be. It makes life frustrating. ;)

Congratulations on the birth of your first!

Janelle said...

While I realize that this mess would be much more understandable if my baby were still an "infant" (like, two months old or less), she's not. She was born in April. She's nine months old. I really need to get it together. :)

Melinda said...

Ugh. I need that resolution! But I'm not about to post a picture of how bad MY house is right now. So brave! Way to go!